A number of reasons, the first of which being…
A large percentage of your customers are especially passionate about the game. As such, they really want an easy, convenient means to receive instant updates about…
- Tournaments and special events.
- Guest appearances of pros or world-class instructors.
- Sales, discounts, or new offerings in the pro shop.
- Green fee specials and incentives.
Connecting to your customer’s cell phone via simple text messages is the easiest way to fulfill this need.
And it gets better.
Because your customer usually spends several hours on the course, you have multiple opportunities and points of contact where you can both introduce and expose him (or her) to your text message marketing campaign…
- On promotions on the course itself (on benches and displays).
- In the pro shop.
- In the restaurant / pub.
There are few businesses that have such an incredible opportunity to build a huge database of qualified, eager customers so easily.
Once your customer has subscribed to your list, now you can deliver your updates, your discounts, your notifications and whatever else you deem appropriate directly where s/he is most engaged; her cell phone or mobile device.
And because over 95% of text messages are read (some stats show as high as 99%), the majority within 3 minutes, your text message marketing campaigns will deliver a return on investment far beyond anything you are currently obtaining in other advertising channels.
After that, of course, the usual benefits of text message marketing come into play. You will…
- Shorten sales cycles, and get people back on to the course quicker.
- Increase the amount of money each customer spends per visit.
- Boost customer loyalty and reduce defections.
- Leverage the power of your traditional advertising campaigns by integrating a text-based call to action into them (i.e., “Text PUTT to 41932 to get a coupon for a 15% discount off your next round of golf at Timber Pines!”) Accordingly, offering the ability for your prospect to respond immediately to your offer (and not set it aside to be forgotten later) boosts your response rates from such ads.
- Increase the awareness of other services you may provide; for example, do you have a banquet hall to host weddings, meetings or other events? Do you offer catering services? Do all your customers know that you do?
Interested in learning more about what SMS / text message marketing can do for your golf course?
Give us a call at 1-800-378-8507 and we’d be happy to answer any questions you might have!