Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable security measures and follow generally accepted industry standards to protect personally identifiable information sent to our Website and Platform, as well as through our Service, both during transmission and afterwards. It is your responsibility to ensure that you do not disclose your password to anyone.
However, despite our efforts to maintain the confidentiality and security of your account, no method of electronic transmission and no method of electronic storage is completely secure. Although we make every effort to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Personal Information We Will Collect
We collect the following personal information:
- Subscribers: When you subscribe to our Service we will collect your first name, last name, physical address, and email address. We will automatically delete your personal information from our Platform and Service, including but not limited to your textwords and texts, upon expiration of the thirty (30) day “grace period” immediately following any cancellation of your subscription.
- Textword Subscribers: When our subscribers add you to their textword list, or when you subscribe to their textword list by texting in their textword to a shortcode, we will store your cell phone number on our secure Platform. If our subscriber has uploaded your first and last name into our Platform, we may store your first and last name as well. You may unsubscribe from a textword list at any time, in which case your personal information will be immediately deleted from our Platform; provided that, however, if you have been added to an “abusers” database, your personal data will be deleted within sixty (60) days of unsubscribing.
- Prospective Customers or Leads: We will collect your email address. To receive any communications from us, you will be required to confirm your interest via a double opt-in process. You may opt out from receiving additional communications from us at any time by clicking the link provided.
- Affiliates: We will collect your email address and contact data, so that we can pay promptly for commission earnings. To receive any communications from us, you will be required to confirm your interest via a double opt-in process. You may opt out from receiving additional communications from us at any time by clicking the link provided.
Purposes For Which We Will Use Personal Information
Our policy is to collect personal information from you for the following purposes:
- To send system-specific emails to our subscribers, provided that you have elected to receive such emails (i.e. notices that you have a new textword subscriber, that a textword subscriber unsubscribed, that you are running low on texts, etc.);
- To send newsletters out to our subscribers who have opted-in to receive them;
- To send email updates and payments to our affiliates;
- To provide our Service to our subscribers and their textword subscribers;
- To maintain a commercial relationship with our subscribers and prospects and to communicate with you (which may include advertising, promotions, and account verification);
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- As otherwise required by law.
Sharing of Personal Information
We do not rent, trade, or share personal information or subscriber data with third parties, except to provide our Service, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We use a third party to send newsletters to our subscribers, leads, and affiliates, which party is prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for promotional purposes.
- We use a third party developer who may require access to your personally identifiable information for the delivery of Service, which party is prohibited by a nondisclosure agreement entered into with us from using your personally identifiable information except as required to provide web development services to us.
- We use a third party shopping cart for credit card processing, which party is prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for promotional purposes.
- We may share your personal information if required by law and if we believe that the disclosure is required or necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial processing or legal process served on our Company.
- We may share personal information if we believe that it is required in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, a potential threat to the physical safety of a third party, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may transfer personal information to a third party entity in the event of an assignment of this Website or Platform for any reason. You will be notified via email of any such change in ownership or control of personal information.
- We may share personal information with our legal, financial, and other professional advisors.
- We may share personal information with third parties upon receiving your consent as required by law.
Except as provided above, we will not share any of your information to any third party without permission.
EMail Requests For Personal Information
We will never initiate a request for personal information by email or pop-up window. If you receive a request by email or pop-up window, please do not respond and notify us as set forth below.
If you ever believe that you have been a victim of fraud, please report it to the police and take all available actions to protect yourself. Also, please notify us, so that we can take all possible actions to protect you and the other visitors and subscribers.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. In furtherance of this commitment, we restrict the use of our Website, Platform, and Service to persons eighteen (18) years of age or older. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13).
Contact With You
We may use your email address to contact you from time to time, in order to send notices required by law, to provide information regarding this Website, or to resolve any complaint or suspicious transactions. We also may contact you by telephone for the same reasons. You may at any time choose to unsubscribe (or “opt-out”) of any of our mailings, either by adjusting your membership settings or by contacting us at email@example.com.
We make every effort to comply with the legal principals established by the National Standard of Canada Entitled Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information, CAN/CSA-Q830-96.
Other Legal Notices
United States Residents in California
If you are a United States resident living in California, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing uses. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to us at our email address in order to receive information on the categories of customer information that we shared and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year. To obtain this information, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you in your email address in response.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
DBA Local Text Marketers
923 King’s Mill Rd
Canada, K0K 3E0